- Do you have any of these superfoods in your pantry (spirulina -trick question; it’s supposed to be refrigerated!, flax seeds, chia seeds, matcha powder, goji berries or cacoa nibs)
- Do you only eat organic?
- Do you exclusively eat locally sourced food?
- Do you eat gluten-free despite not being celiac?
- Is dairy the devil? “Unsweetened almond milk matcha latte, please!”
- Do you subscribe to Goop?
- Do you subsist on $11 jars of Justin’s Organic Almond Butter?
- Have you tried a soup cleanse?
- Have you spiralized vegetables to make “zoodles” (zucchini noodles for the uninitiated)?
- Do you follow any of the following Instagram accounts: thecrunchyradish, nutritionstripped, nourishkitchentable or wellandgoodnyc?
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
At some point, the fashion set traded Diet Coke and cigarettes for green juice and boutique fitness classes. Sayonara Studio 54, helloooo Gotham Gym. Enter 2016 where the latest luxury is the ability to afford a bankrupting Juice Press habit, and there is social cachet for eating clean. Where do you rank on the scale of strawberry-PopTarts-as-fruit to raw-vegan-no-bake-energy-bites-as-dessert?
Friday, November 13, 2015
Despite an affinity for what's trending, as evidenced by my incessant checking of the Eater’s HeatMap, which details the hottest restaurants by city, certain restaurants achieve staple designation. After three visits in a single month, The Black Ant has safely secured its spot. This isn’t Dos Caminos. It’s its cooler, distant cousin. Expect the atypical -tequila and corn juice cocktails with a black ant salt rim, mezcal braised shortribs and cactus tacos. For the budget conscious, I recommend going during happy hour, which runs from 4-7pm daily. Arrive at 6:45, order a couple of $6 margaritas (+$1 for the Spicy Jalapeno or Cucumber), definitely the guacamole (with jicama and black ant salt), and any of the $8 entrees. Trust me on this one.
Thursday, November 12, 2015
1. You’ve started to rationalize $40 classes at ModelFIT.