1. Conventional wisdom suggests that if you expel more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. But thanks to recent research, we also have cheering for bad sports teams, going to work and having a particular cold you had when you're a child to blame. Don't believe me? Just check out The Cut's list of "30 Things That Are Making You Fat" then you can forgive yourself for those stubborn "last five pounds." (NY Mag)
2. Instagram has exploded among the fashion set, compelling both The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal to comment about its effects from the design of clothes to maximize the two-dimensional image to bloggers posting articles about how to take the "perfect" Instagram (think climbing on top of your dinner table to take an aerial shot of your food). Enter @YouDidNotEatThat to call bullshit on the fashion set photographing their heaping plates from brunch, donuts in the office and daily macarons atop their thigh gap that screams...you didn't eat that.
Seriously, Stop Pretending You Ate That (NY Mag)
3. Juice cleanses aren't the only type of cleanse available nowadays. Read as Jess Graves, author of blog The Love List, explains why you might be due for a master cleanse in your dating life. (The Love List)
4. Amidst graduation season, it's important question to consider: Who Gets to Graduate? In this article, the author delves into how race and income inequality play into who ultimately graduates and what one professor at the University of Texas at Austin is doing about it.(NYT Magazine)
5. The perfect gift for your Beyonce-crazed friend, enter a series of art historical images (a la Mona Lisa) rendered with our favorite hip hop couple Jay and Bey. (Society6)
6. Ever wonder How Wall Street Recruits So Many Insecure Ivy League Grads? Well, here's your answer. (Vox)