Inspired by the Man Repeller's "the best of the Internet" and Cupcake and Cashmere's "Links I Love," I'm bringing you six of my favorite articles, gifs and videos from the week. I hope you find the links as equally inspiring and thought provoking as I have.
1. If you haven't already heard, there's a freshman at Duke who's a porn star. Read her tell her story about the empowerment she feels in "Pornland." Whether you're a supporter or not, she brings quite the perspective on campus hookup culture and sex positivity (XO Jane).
2. In "Why Can't a Smart Woman Love Fashion," novelist Chimamanda Agozi defends the right to dress up (ELLE).
3. Macarons. Aerial food shots. Artfully assembled beauty products. That's just a few of the 30 Signs You Follow Too Many Fashion Bloggers on Instagram (StyleCaster).
4. Not quite a hooker, not quite a girlfriend. Enter the world of the luxury rental girlfriend, a for-hire service that recruits women to behave like on-call girlfriends and a reality for many 30-something men too self-involved to deal with the complexity of a real relationship. Reminds me of Joaquin Phoenix in Her who chooses to pay for a relationship with an operating system over a physical being because he cannot handle real human emotions (New York Observer).
5. It's scientific fact that women prefer older men. Karley Sciortino dives into why that's the case in "The Mature Allure: Dissecting the Attraction of the Older Man" (Vogue).
6. New Confessional App Secret Has Silicon Valley Reliving High School All Over Again (Vogue)