Valentine's Day. Single Appreciation Day. Call it what you want, just the thought of February 14th inspires hatred in some and giddiness in others. For me, it brings back fond memories of girls night out followed by marathons of romantic comedies while indulging in chocolate covered Oreo's. You might notice that this conspicuously avoids mention of the male gender. Twenty-one years sans Valentine likely stems from my impossible check list of characteristics a boyfriend should have. Honestly, you should read my 6th grade diary. It reads a little something like, "I thought the first guy who liked me would be smart and tall and athletic and funny and charming" and you get the picture. Or maybe it has to do with my tendency to either clam up or suffer from word vomit in front of the opposite sex. I've always felt a little disappointed, not in the fact that I'm alone on Valentine's Day but rather that no one gets to experience my penchant for gift giving, which is why I'm bringing you a Valentine's Day gift guide!
1. You can never go wrong with a pair of concert tickets or tickets to see his favorite team play. Unfortunately, football season is over but there's always basketball and hockey!
2. It's time to trade in those bulky speakers for this wireless, fit-in-your-pocket mini Jambox ($149.99).
3. If your man is a superhero in the kitchen (or at least can serve up a non-frozen meal), let him know it with this clever Superman apron ($24.95).
4. Beats x Dre gets you instant access to the cool kids club. Just ask their newest spokesman Richard Sherman. ($379.95).
5. Warm beer? No thanks. Keep your beer chill with this frozen wand ($29.95).
6. Inspire him to step up from his worn out Sperry's (or God forbid, Crocs) into a pair of stylish Macalister Boots ($148).
7. Perfect for the transitional 20's, The Mr. Porter Paperback delivers the manual for a stylish life with interviews from style icons like A$AP Rocky and advice on everything from fashion to the proper etiquette at a spa ($35).
8. Access Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, HBOGo, WatchESPN and the iTunes store all from this convenient little box better known as Apple TV. I apologize in advance if you won't be able to get him off the couch ($99).
9. It doesn't get much easier than this little kit by skincare-knockout Aesop, which includes a face cleanser, hydrating cream, shaving serum, spray-on moisturizer an lip cream. He'll never raid your medicine cabinet again ($150)!
10. What do you get when you combine Pharrell Williams' clothing line A Bathing Ape (BAPE) with the longest-running scripted show on television "The Simpsons"? This bomb, bomber jacket, that's what! Indulge him in a little piece of the Baby Milo x The Simpsons collection.