Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bucket List

After taking a day trip to Napa Valley this weekend, I realized just how easy (and incredibly fun!) it is to not binge watch Boardwalk Empire and emerge from the dungeon that is my room, which inspired me to create a bucket list. So here ya have it: 12 Things to Do that Don't Involve Netflix.

Wine tasting in Napa Valley


1. Try a new restaurant at least once a month.
All too often I find myself frequenting only a handful of restaurants -Sprout for build-your-own salads and sandwiches, Tacolicious for creative drinks and tacos, and Tamarine for that time when your parents are in town to front the bill.  But I'm always pleasantly surprised when I step out of the rotation and try somewhere new, so here's to discovering new places.  First up: Gott's Roadside in Town & Country!

2. Pretend to be a tourist and observe the views at the top of Hoover Tower.
A Stanford checklist probably looks a little something like this: fountain hopping, ski trip in Tahoe and a freshman "screw your roommate."  Considering I have participated in none of the above, I'm not even sure that I qualify as a Stanford student, which is why I feel like Hoover Tower is a must.

3. Take a photo every day for a month.
You're either a serial photographer or one who prefers to live in the moment.  I tend to fall into the latter camp but oftentimes find myself wishing that I had brought my camera (yes, a real SLR and not just my iPhone) to capture the moment.  By forcing myself to take at least one picture per day, I hope to be more visually attuned to my surroundings.

4. Drink wine with Ben from The Bachelor in Sonoma.
I'm unapologetic about my love for The Bachelor (documented here), which is why I can't pass up the chance to drink wine at former Bachelor Blen Flajnik's winery when he's only an hour and a half away.    
5. Pretend to like hockey for the duration of a Sharks game.
The end of football season provokes a host of emotions within me.  First and foremost, anxiety about how I'm supposed to spend my time without the obligatory Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday games.  I figure the aggression of hockey might serve as a temporary replacement -at the very least some hot chocolate and a Rangers jersey can cure the pain.

6. Test-drive a Tesla.
Can I really say I ever lived in Palo Alto without taking this baby for a spin?

7. Actually meet up with someone from Tinder.
Sure, he could be 5'3" and 18 years old.  But, it'd make for a great story (and accompanying blog post).

8. Print pictures to make a photo album.
Call me old school, but there's nothing like looking back on old photo albums at your grandparent's house.  Here's to making that a possibility!

9. Participate in a Beer Run in San Francisco.
Beer + running spells disaster but also fun.

10. Send a handwritten letter to someone who means a lot to you.
I might be the last person in the world who still sends letters, but it means everything to me to go home and see my parents have saved a card that I sent months ago or have an aunt call thanking me for my thank you.  For adorable cards, check out Paper Source or Papyrus.

11. Get attuned with nature in Yosemite.
"Glamping" may be more my style, but I hear Yosemite is worth the trek.

12. Watch all of the "Best Picture" nominations for the Oscars.
There's seems to be an Oscar formula: heart-warming true story, biopic, drama, and/or period piece -a combination of which means it's a movie I find too pretentious to watch.  But there's year's nominees, which include American Hustle, Captain Phillips, Dallas Buyers Club, Gravity, Her, Nebraska, Philomena, 12 Years a Slave and The Wolf of Wall Street, actually appeal to me!

SHARE:

1 comment

© Otis Unfiltered

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig